Senaste nytt Forums Vindsurfing Slalom, Speed & Racing need some weed fins suggestions for a 130L Isonic

• need some weed fins suggestions for a 130L Isonic

Publicerad av brett74 på 7 september, 2014 vid 20:01

I have just sailed my 130 Liter Isonic 2014 which I bought second hand using a new Gaastra Phantom 8,5 m2 sail and a Lessacher Duo Speed Weed fin 36cm, it is clearly not enough fin, any recommendations for a bigger weed fin ? Needs to be a more speed orientated nature….and preferably Deep Tuttle.

plettil svarade 9 år, 7 månader sedan 6 Medlemmar · 9 Svar
  • 9 Svar
  • kinetic

Medlem
    7 september, 2014 vid 20:05

Should be more than enough with that fin. I’m sailing a 9.3 with a 29cm weedfin, on a smaller board though, 58cm wide, without any issues. If you really need a bigger fin the next step would be Lessacher Formula Duo 40cm, I’m using that fin to my Formula (100cm wide) in combination with an 11.0, no problems at all. The benefit with the Formula Duo is that it can be used in shallow water spots like Habo Ljung and Höllviken.

• brett74

Medlem
    7 september, 2014 vid 22:00

Maybe I was rigged wrong but as soon as tried to close the gap it spun out, perhaps in the lighter winds and flat water I was just asking too much from the Duo Weed.

• kapten-k

Medlem
    7 september, 2014 vid 22:18

I have used the chamelon 36cm on 127 and 9,5m but the Lessacher Duo weed 40cm is better (not formula version) Still i think it´s too small. On my formula board its even worse. can compare to a staight 70cm fin.. The isonic 130 need a 46-50cm straight fin or a 40cm weed.

• kapten-k

Medlem
    7 september, 2014 vid 22:19

I have some projects in the big weed fin department, well se how they turn out.

• hdtv

Medlem
    8 september, 2014 vid 04:37

I have the iSonic 127 l and I have used Maui Ultra fins Slalom Weed 40, 44 and 48 cm on the board. Noticed that the iSonics are picky on the fins. The 48 worked best for my board. However, using a 48 in Habo have its challenges. This year I tested the new Maui Ultra fins Slalom Delta 30 cm in Carbon, and it working extremely well, this fin I have used in overpowered conditions with my 9,4 sail.

• kinetic

Medlem
    8 september, 2014 vid 07:48

Brett: I will most likely make a copy of my Lessacher Formula Duo 40 cm this winter. It will be a slightly tweaked copy with a slightly thinner foil. If I can gather at least 3-4 more interested people (beside myself) the price will be approx 1600-1700 SEK including shipping. A friend of mine will make these copies, and he has made other copies for me, far better finish than Lessacher original, you can compare for yourself as I can show you a original “SpeedWeed” and then the copy:).

I usually sail in Habo, with black sails unless its really really windy, then I’m using Gun-Sails. I can let you try my Formula Weed so you can decide wheter its good or bad yourself:)

• klang

Medlem
    8 september, 2014 vid 20:34

Glenn… kan man beställa en formula-weed 🙂

• brett74

Medlem
    12 september, 2014 vid 22:07

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I went with Glen and ordered the 40cm Duo Weed, but I am also quite interested in seeing your speed weed copies. Unfortunately heading offshore to work on Monday but maybe sometime when I get back in 2 weeks…

• plettil

Medlem
    13 september, 2014 vid 06:26

Hello Brett,
    You could also look into the new Delta Max from Select, developed in Leucate for large OFO board. The first are out of the mold but I can’t find a picture of it yet. It was developed this spring by Louis Fourcade, pioneer in anti-weed fin, and his idea was to have a anti weed, short for shallow waters, good for large modern board. You’ll find Louis on French W33 forum, he is called DELTA.
    http://www.windsurfing33.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=84178&start=15
    A pict : 00167.jpg
    Kind regards,
    Plettil

Logga in för att svara.

Installera Surfzone som app?

For IOS and IPAD browsers, Only option to install PWA is to use add to home screen in safari browser

Surfzones app (PWA) har installerats.

Registrera dig

Använd ditt Facebook-/Googlekonto.

Eller e-post

[RM_Form id='2']

Välkommen

Ny diskussion i forum

Senaste nytt Forums Vindsurfing Slalom, Speed & Racing need some weed fins suggestions for a 130L Isonic

Du måste vara inloggad för att skapa nya diskussioner.