Senaste nytt Forums Vindsurfing Konfen Vindsurfing Vindsurfer polisanmeld på Mäkläpen, it was me….

• Vindsurfer polisanmeld på Mäkläpen, it was me….

Publicerad av brett74 på 7 december, 2013 vid 20:56

OK boys, for those of you who have not heard, it was actually me that got stuck right at the very tip of Måkläppen and taken away by the cops.

I sail a yacht with my family in the summer so I know how flat it gets there in anything Northerly. I started sailing just from just West of the canal.
    It was my second day out after 18 years of no windsurfing. A mate of mine in the States gave me a 2004 Carve 99 and two Neil Pryde sails, it was blowing 10m/s NE so I started sailing up towards Näset, I think you have stay 200m of the beach or something, anyway, made it all the way up towards Näset in about six tacks.
    On my last run getting all the way out towards the tip of Näset, still 200 meters out, I felt my board go off balance, looked down and the mast foot was not in the center line anymore. tried to head in as high upwind as I could and about 150 meters of the beach, South of Näset, the bolt that goes into the mast track let go, probably been sitting in my mates garage wet with salty SanFran water over and over again and a galvanic cell kinda thing just ate the bolt where it goes through the big flat plastic washer that rests between the mast foot and the board.
    It took me at least half an hour to swim the board and rig in to the shore. There were seals all around me, they came as close as three meters to me and were at least 20 of them.
    Once on the shore, I tied my board on top of my sail and ballanced it on my head in the stiff 10m/s breeze and proceeded to walk back to my car.
    I tried along the shoreline but it was so muddy and full of reeds that I gave that up, instead, I walked up on dry land and, in the waste deep grass and bushes proceed to walk out, I fell many time on the uneven ground, after the first half an hour I notice an idiot about 100 meters ahead of me, “spying on me” with his camera or phone or binoculars or something, for the next hour he was there, always 100 meters ahead, no help offered to me, and I was very obviously having a hard time of it.
    This is now 2 hours since I started swimming in and I am really exhausted, starting to feel quite dehydrated and weak. Once on the beach I am met by the “Livräddare” in his Landrover.
    “Hey” I smile
    “Sure glad to see you! ” thinking he is going to help me out with a lift back to my car…
    This is when it gets even better, he proceeds to shit me out from a dizzy height, telling me how much trouble I am in and being a real dick about it too.
    I show him the broken bolt and tell him how close I was to actually drowning out there and ask him if I should rather have drowned instead of swimming in amongst his precious seals and he actually tells me yes, he would rather I had drowned ! At this time I lost my temper and told him to “F…off” and refused to talk to him anymore. He points down the beach and says “they are waiting for you”.

In the distance I see 2 dark figures who turned out to be cops. We met half way, the arsehole in his Landrover following me along the beach as I still carry my downed equipement.
    The cops were cool but when the “Livradderen” came and joined us I told the cops I didn’t want that idiot anywhere near me, I told them what he had said to get me so angry and he blatantly denied it all, the coward!
    He got the same message from me again the cops tried to calm us down a bit and eventually took him off to one side so they could get my story out of me, they took pictures of my broken bolt and were kind enough to give me a lift back to my car so I could drive back to my rig and fetch it.
    They also thought the “Livräddere” was being a dick but could not stop him from “police anmelding” me. They could take a statement that day or if I wanted a defender, they would have to do it at later date. I decided the defender would come in handy so opted for a later date. About 10 days, without any further contact later I got a letter from the “åklager”. All was well, he did not think I had had any criminal intentions and had dropped the whole thing.
    The cops said they had been looking for me for over an hour when I first met them on the beach and a story I had read in the paper kept flashing in head the rest of the day. A woman had found someone on “Blocket” selling a bicycle that had been stolen from her, she had been to see it and identified it as hers and called the cops, only to be told that they were to busy to be dealing with stuff like that .

I am not saying the police were wrong here because they were really nice guys, I just don’t get how they can waste their time with these nature lovers and their hatred for anything that is not birdwatching or flower photographing or whatever floats their boat. This was such a clear cut case of “sjönöd” but even though the police didn’t think it was needed, they still had to go all the way and waste all this time and energy and resources by “polisanmelding” me.
    The “Livräddre” dude was just such a jerk, he should be so ashamed of himself, driving around like Baywatch and thinking he is such a hero when he was just a little man, out for blood, “hehe, now I got him, this windsurfer doesn’t know who he is messing with !”
    The whole incident just left such a bad taste in my mouth.
    A taste that gets even worse everytime I walk across the stones and down the bank and through the mud and grass and god knows what else is in that muddy stuff between the car park and Habo’s water, I actually found a maggot in the velcro on my wetsuit boot the other day ! Then I think about the white sand on those beaches down in Skanör/Falstorbö area and how nice it would be to launch from there, they are deserted for 2/3rds of the year! It is just not fair at all the way they have all this no surfing here and here and here, with no real reason other than some old dudes had a council meeting and decided on it. Sure, Näset has seals, I can get that we should leave them in peace, but the rest of the areas down there are so heavily restricted for nothing, comments welcome here guys ….

markforce-f-d-markram svarade 10 år, 3 månader sedan 10 Medlemmar · 23 Svar
  • 23 Svar
  • pripps

Medlem
    7 december, 2013 vid 21:32

Nöden har väl ingen lag !
    /Tommy

• erree

Medlem
    7 december, 2013 vid 22:41

Man I love your story!! Haha it’s spot on on some points, talk about putting cops to good use… haha.. Okay sure the waters around måkläppen are a seal sanctuary area, but i dont think people should get their panties in a bunch.. if it was a yacht that capsized you wouldnt hear sh*t about it.. I met you once at Klagshamn, you told me the story 😉 I’ve encountered seals at skanör as well, i think they’re crawling around the area, and hell, not just there, they were all over the place at öland too.. Hm tell me, are they agressive? did you feel threatened in your situation? I found myself being very captured by these large mammals and I catch myself reading up on them way to often now. Anyways ignore mr landrover, you can run into people like that anytime anywhere. I guess my post has no real point except that I hope you don’t have to suffer any repercussions.. I am a seaman by profession, and if you’ve had a traumatic situation at sea, the last thing you should get when you reach shore is a yelling, thats just bullshit… No difference between a windsurfer, a leisure sailor or a professional boater, they all chose to go to sea. Take care and hope to see you around!

• svenne

Medlem
    7 december, 2013 vid 23:04

That guard must have a brain damage. Not much for a life guard right?

Nevertheless, shit stuff broke and you saved yourself. Unfortunately the police must make the filing if someone wants to, but the prosecutor put it all down and that means that your case will never be traceable and you are not formally filed.

Forget about it, assholes are floating around everywhere. Specially in Land Rovers. 😉

• brett74

Medlem
    8 december, 2013 vid 04:57

I didn’t think the seals were threatening, more like curious, I think they always have such naughty facial expressions, they just look like they are upto no good !

• svenne

Medlem
    8 december, 2013 vid 10:39

Seals are not sea lions. They are just darn curious. 🙂
    I was sailing towards a deep vessels channel at the east coast, the entrance is quite difficult and you really need to hit the starting mark straight or you’re doomed to run into a large area of reefs on either side. I felt a bit uncomfy because I didn’t see the mark and all of a sudden in a small wave 100 metres ahead a large stone showed up. I literally shit my pants and did a full stop, hit the GPS Man-over-board to get my exact position, turned around to see if the exit backwards was clear – and then when I looked forward again the stone was gone! WTF?!
    A few seconds later a fakkin seal head popped up just in front of the bow. Like “Yo wassup dude?”.
    Right at the moment it was far from funny, I was running a 10 ton vessel in goofy waters and I tell you that seal didn’t get any cute words from me. Afterwards it’s quite fun though. The first mark of the waterway was just ahead.

• mag

Medlem
    8 december, 2013 vid 12:04

Why do older men become so bitter? ?

And why t-h does he work as a lifeguard? Get rid of him, the reputation of the organisation is getting bad will.

I regularly SUPsurf with seals accompanying me in the line up. Curious is their middle name!
    Following me in, going out and taking of again. Such a nice bonus feature to every session.

• andersbq

Medlem
    8 december, 2013 vid 13:42

Visst vore det intressant att höra hur Livräddarna på Falsterbonäset ser på sin verksamhet och uppgift.
    På deras hemsida http://livraddarna.org/index.php/om-oss står det
    att främja allmän SIMKUNNIGHET
    att verka för utbredd kunnighet i LIVRÄDDNING
    att propagera för SÄKERHET vid all verksamhet i anslutning till vatten och isar.

Ingenting om att bevaka naturområden. Antingen så har dom råkat få in en en “fågelskådare under cover” eller så kanske det är läge att skriva om vad verksamheten ska handla om.

• svenne

Medlem
    8 december, 2013 vid 18:13

Vi kan ju alltid bjuda in dem till tråden. Vill väldigt gärna veta hur de tänker i ett sånt här läge. Verkar inte vara den mest pålitliga livräddaren där nere.

• andersbq

Medlem
    8 december, 2013 vid 18:18

Japp jag har mejlat Eric som är står som ansvarig, blir intressant om han hör av sig.

I mitt ganska långa liv som vindsurfare så har jag rest en hel del och träffat på livräddare i många länder. Nästan alla är duktiga surfare (vissa lite redigare än genomsnittet av surfare) men mycket trevliga och väldigt vältränade. En gång i Towradgi i Austrailien blev jag räddad när bommen gick av i ett shorebreak och jag drogs ut i en rip current, det var läskigt att dras ut nästan 1 km bara på typ 10-20 minuter, men jäkla vad skönt det var när 2 livräddare kom ut-paddlande och tog hand om min rigg, dom riggade ner i jätteswell, rullade ihop segel, mast och bom, sen surfade vi in (iallafall gjorde dom det)… Dom var jätteglada hela tiden och tog hand om mig när jag utmattad kom iland.
    Jag har för mig att det finns någon slags lag att man MÅSTE undsätta folk i sjönöd. Nu var ju den här killen Brett redan på land, men man får ju intryck att många såg händelsen under längre tid. Om man bara läser Bretts historia så känns det som att livräddaren borde kunna polisanmälas.

• andersbq

Medlem
    8 december, 2013 vid 20:19

Svar från Livräddarna på Falsterbonäset: Hej Anders.
    Ska kolla upp detta, låter inte som att det är någon av oss, vi gillar inte drunkning. Vi har ett ganska stort samarbete med polis, kustbevakningen, länsstyrelsen och deras naturvakter. Vi bistår dessa myndigheter under vår bevakningsperiod, som ofta består i att vara behjälpliga när de ringer, kan vara allt ifrån främmande föremål på strand, tältare, eldning, surfare/Kitare på fel plats, för nära badare osv, identifiera, hämta in folk som på ett eller annat sätt hamnat på Måkläppen eller andra områden med beträdnadsförbud, oftast finns då dessa myndigheter med oss i båtar/fordon. Händer ett 10 tal gånger per säsong att folk hamnar på Måkläppen av olika anledningar och ofta rings det då till oss, fågelskådarna som står längst ut vid golfbanan har superkoll på detta, även de som sitter uppe i fyren, de ser hela Näset i sina kikare. Ibland händer att vi lånar ut bilen till länsstyrelsen/naturvakter under icke bevakningstid och när ingen av oss kan köra när de behöver komma ut på strand. Villkoret är då att de identifierar sig var de kommer ifrån för att inte förväxlas med livräddarna!
    Men som sagt ovan jag kollar upp detta och återkommer

Med vänliga hälsningar.
    Eric Bc livräddarna

• svenne

Medlem
    8 december, 2013 vid 20:32

Bra Anders.

• tsss

Medlem
    8 december, 2013 vid 20:33

Wikipedia:

Enligt den svenska Sjölagen (SFS 1994:1009) är en befälhavare som påträffar någon som är i sjönöd skyldig att lämna all den assistans som är nödvändig, så länge det kan ske utan allvarlig fara för eget fartyg eller besättning.

• brett74

Medlem
    9 december, 2013 vid 05:06

Well, judging by the way the dude I came into contact with denied what he said to me when the police where there, he probably kept our little chat to himself ! Maybe he does regret it ?

• andersbq

Medlem
    10 december, 2013 vid 12:35

DenLite mer av denna spirit vill man ju att en livräddare ska ha, som Eddie Aikau:
    http://quiksilverlive.com/eddieaikau/2014/history.en.html

• svenne

Medlem
    18 december, 2013 vid 20:22

Nåt svar från dem?

Sida 1 av 2

Logga in för att svara.

Installera Surfzone som app?

For IOS and IPAD browsers, Only option to install PWA is to use add to home screen in safari browser

Surfzones app (PWA) har installerats.

Registrera dig

Använd ditt Facebook-/Googlekonto.

Eller e-post

[RM_Form id='2']

Välkommen

Ny diskussion i forum

Senaste nytt Forums Vindsurfing Konfen Vindsurfing Vindsurfer polisanmeld på Mäkläpen, it was me….

Du måste vara inloggad för att skapa nya diskussioner.