Senaste nytt Forums Kitesurfing Resmål & Spots Esposende:- Boende

• Esposende:- Boende

Publicerad av skunk på 26 juni, 2015 vid 16:18

Does anyone have any tips for renting accomodation in Esposende?
    Looking at for a one month stay approx 30 July untill 29 August.
    Also any tips on kite spots (Viana Castello)/ wind strength reliability etc welcome / kite school with courses for children 14 years old.

skunk svarade 8 år, 8 månader sedan 4 Medlemmar · 7 Svar
  • 7 Svar
  • lima-ko

Medlem
    2 juli, 2015 vid 08:32

Check out http://www.kookproof.com/welcome-to-kook-proof/
    Their kiteschool is based in Esposende during the summer and they could prob give you some advice regarding long stay accomodation.

When we where there 2012 we kited both in the lagoon in Epsosende and in the ocean just outside the dunes, we also went to Viana Castello one day which was a really nice spot.

• skunk

Medlem
    3 juli, 2015 vid 06:14

Ok. Thanks
    What kite sizes did you use the most?
    Is it best to stay in the centre of esposende or on the other side of the river towards the beach.

• jensasp

Medlem
    3 juli, 2015 vid 08:28

Hi!
    Just got back from 10 days in Esposende. Mainly used 12/14m. at one point I was able to use my 9m but it did not last for long.

Found a bungalow via tripadvisor in Ofir with walking distance to spot (ca 1000m). With rentalcar there was no more than 5-10mins drive to Esposende. We liked this alternative alot due to flexibility due to walking istance. But we were not a part of any courses och kiteschool.

• lima-ko

Medlem
    3 juli, 2015 vid 08:43

I had 13, 9 and 7 m with me, I (approx 80 kg) used 13 and 9 most, 7 one day. My girlfriend (approx 65 kg) used 9 and 7 mostly.
    During summer, as I understand, they rely quite a lot on thermic winds, but to get better/more information on the wind I would recommend you to contact Kookproof kiteschool directly, either by phone/email or through their Facebookpage https://www.facebook.com/kookproof

We stayed in the centre of town so I can not really comment on where it is best to stay. In town was nice because there were quite a lot of good small restaurants with IMHO affordable food and drinks (compared to Sweden).
    The kiteschool offers “boattaxi” over the river or if you have your own vehicle you could just take the road around and walk the last little bit to the launchspot.

• skunk

Medlem
    22 augusti, 2015 vid 09:46

Lite feedback.
    Esposende riktig fin stad med mycket att göra. Riktig bra stämmning.
    Billigt att äta ute hela tiden
    Sjukt billigt cafèr
    Kite spot är över reklamerad. Alltså inget speciellt. Finns en liten pond med platt vatten som är bra men mycket folk förstås. I övrigt är floden ganska choppig. Andra sidan av sand banken finns det öppet hav / vågor. Helt ok.
    Tar med med stora kites typ 13/14m. Bra med även en 17m ibland. Ibland ökar vinden så att en 9m skulle behövas.
    Vinden är väldigt opålitlig. Det blåser inte så ofta som alla kite camps annonsera. Räknar med en hel del dagar utan vind ibland mer än en vecka……

• sailortrash

Medlem
    22 augusti, 2015 vid 11:51

Tack för det! Då lägger jag ner esposende och siktar mot tariffa eller Kanarieöarna nästa resa..

• skunk

Medlem
    22 augusti, 2015 vid 18:53

Du gör nog helt rätt i. Jag har varit här 3 veckor nu och har kitat 5 gånger med bra vind.
    Om du är ute efter stabilt pålitlig vind kolla på Dakhla i Morocco. Det blåser 24/7 för 9m/7m kites. Har varit där 4 gånger och fått 100% vind alla dagar.
    http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=49315&sty=m_menu

Logga in för att svara.

Installera Surfzone som app?

For IOS and IPAD browsers, Only option to install PWA is to use add to home screen in safari browser

Surfzones app (PWA) har installerats.

Registrera dig

Använd ditt Facebook-/Googlekonto.

Eller e-post

[RM_Form id='2']

Välkommen

Ny diskussion i forum

Senaste nytt Forums Kitesurfing Resmål & Spots Esposende:- Boende

Du måste vara inloggad för att skapa nya diskussioner.