• Hydrofoil

Publicerad av kine på 11 augusti, 2003 vid 19:04

är det ngn som har koll på vad som händer på hydrofoil-fronten. det låter ju helt grymt. men är det ngt som “vanliga dödliga” kommer att kunna prova i framtiden eller är det ngt som kommer att stanna vid “..only five or six of us have really mastered it” (citat Rush Randle).

/henka

jeppepeppe svarade 20 år, 9 månader sedan 3 Medlemmar · 2 Svar
  • 2 Svar
  • oscar

Medlem
    11 augusti, 2003 vid 19:16

Från NP Maui

“Aloha Noa,
    I’ve been selling a lot of Rush foilboards to tow-surfers and wakeboarders. The current tow foil is working great.

The same board works great for kiting, too. But I can’t say that it’s gone over well, yet. I think there may be a grand total of 6 kiters in the world with them, so it needs more exposure. Kiters don’t believe it until they see it. And despite the launch issues with kites, the foils work even better behind a kite than they do a boat/ski because kites lift up!

Rush has made some exciting progress on the windsurfer. No boots required! Rush sails a converted Starboard Formula quite well (with his son, River, between his legs even!), staying up on the foil for 100 meters at a time. We’ve even let a few less experienced sailors try it, and success has been surprisingly good. A version that anyone can sail is on the horizon.

Rush has a new prototype he’s trying today. This new board looks most promising. A big version of his tow/kite versions. I can’t wait to try it myself.

Unfortunately, there is an innovation added to the windsurfer that requires patenting and utmost secrecy that is and will continue to delay progress on the windsurfer until the patents are secured. I say unfortunately because it is key to not using boots, and we’re not even prepared to prototype more until the patent is secure…which is a longer and more expensive process than many think…

In summary, progress is all in the right direction.

And I must say, seeing Bjorn’s speeds limited again this year in the speed trials due to rough water makes me think he’s going to need a foil on his board next year…

Best regards, Kevin “

Så visst händer det lite…..

• jeppepeppe

Medlem
    11 augusti, 2003 vid 19:16

Fanns ett reportage i senaste eller näst senaste numret av Windsurf Magazine, verkar ju vara riktigt schysst! Enligt artikeln var det svåraste att dämpa farten när hydrofoilen väl kom i planing… wink.gif

Logga in för att svara.

Installera Surfzone som app?

For IOS and IPAD browsers, Only option to install PWA is to use add to home screen in safari browser

Surfzones app (PWA) har installerats.

Registrera dig

Använd ditt Facebook-/Googlekonto.

Eller e-post

[RM_Form id='2']

Välkommen

Ny diskussion i forum

Du måste vara inloggad för att skapa nya diskussioner.