Senaste nytt Forums Vindsurfing Slalom, Speed & Racing North XTi/XTR and shox system, worth the money?

• North XTi/XTR and shox system, worth the money?

Publicerad av brett74 på 23 januari, 2014 vid 22:03

I am gonna need a longer extension for my new quiver (Gaastra Phantom) that is coming soon and was looking at the North ratchet system and the shock-absorber they had in the foot, they call it “shox”, has anyone had any experience with them ?
    Quite pricey but having an “ibase” attached permanently to each board seems to ease changingover between boards when you are testing…quite interested in how tough they are too, don’t want to get stranded again!

kapten-k svarade 10 år, 3 månader sedan 4 Medlemmar · 8 Svar
  • 8 Svar
  • bicless

Medlem
    24 januari, 2014 vid 07:41

I like them, good function and easy to use. When it comes to durability they are good but not best. you pay for the function, not durability. They need more maintenance compare to some other models. I prefer chinook when it comes to durability and less maintenance. Still I use XTR quite often because it is convenient to trim and rigg the sail.

• brett74

Medlem
    24 januari, 2014 vid 08:00

I don’t mind the maintenance, I am just worried they are break if have a hard wipeout and leave to swim in!

• bicless

Medlem
    24 januari, 2014 vid 08:34

I would grade chinook slightly above north. US cup is slightly better then PIN. But PIN more convenient to use.

• jester

Medlem
    24 januari, 2014 vid 09:10

And in my opinion, of course, the best is NPs MXT system.

• brett74

Medlem
    24 januari, 2014 vid 09:42

A web search revealed three different independent tests where all the testers said that if they could choose, without considering cost or maintenance, they would always sail with it. They also reported speed increases. Am I just a sucker for marketing?:confused2:

• brett74

Medlem
    24 januari, 2014 vid 09:44

Heading off to Klagshamn to see what it is like to sail in -2 degrees, definatley a sucker for something !

• brett74

Medlem
    24 januari, 2014 vid 12:25

Got down there and there was slush puppy ice as far as I could see, chickened out !!!
    :frown:

• kapten-k

Medlem
    24 januari, 2014 vid 17:35

It dangerous to sail in slush puppy, The can be bigger ice block mith gravel and stones in them that floats just beneath the surface.

Regarding mastfoot system i like

http://streamlined.us/ and neilpryde systems,
    chinook is probably good also, and many others. Hvent tried the north lever, but seen some breakages on thoose. Just get a solid system with euro pin and BIG Rollers and you are good to go.
    I have streamlined mastfoots and serverne extentions.

Logga in för att svara.

Installera Surfzone som app?

For IOS and IPAD browsers, Only option to install PWA is to use add to home screen in safari browser

Surfzones app (PWA) har installerats.

Registrera dig

Använd ditt Facebook-/Googlekonto.

Eller e-post

[RM_Form id='2']

Välkommen

Ny diskussion i forum

Senaste nytt Forums Vindsurfing Slalom, Speed & Racing North XTi/XTR and shox system, worth the money?

Du måste vara inloggad för att skapa nya diskussioner.