Senaste nytt Forums Vindsurfing Konfen Vindsurfing Red Bull StormChase

• basse

Medlem
    2 november, 2006 vid 12:41

Ooohh… trevliga bilder. Men nästa gång får vi rösta fram lite flera ICKE-Simmer seglare tycker jag. Av alla “områden” var det ju vara 3-4 seglare som inte körde Simmer eller NP. Lite tråkigt.

DVD’n blir nog fullspäckad av action!

• Oregistrerad

Gäst
    2 november, 2006 vid 15:16

Riktigt gott att se höjden på Livings hopp!
    /M

• jonatan

Medlem
    2 november, 2006 vid 15:28
    Basse wrote:
    Ooohh… trevliga bilder. Men nästa gång får vi rösta fram lite flera ICKE-Simmer seglare tycker jag. Av alla “områden” var det ju vara 3-4 seglare som inte körde Simmer eller NP. Lite tråkigt.

OK, nästa gång ska jag rösta på prylarna…

• steffo

Medlem
    2 november, 2006 vid 19:49

The Red Bull Storm Chase- October 31st and November 1st 2006
    Heavy storm with up to 157 km/h howled over germany and most parts of Northern Europe. 23 Red Bull Storm Chaser in 9 countries were on their way to chase the biggest storm of the year!

12 Beaufort, sun, heavy rain and hail, dark clouds. Up to 17 meter high waves on open sea, the highest max ever measured in the North Sea. Reports of the heaviest storm since fifteen years. Ferry transport to Norderney was closed, Oil Platforms floated „anchorless“ – these are the conditions the Red Bull Storm chasers in all participating countries were waiting for – they all had one goal: to chase it! And they did! This spectacular and unique windsurf action was documented by professional camerateams.

Klaas Voget / Team Norderney / Spot Norderney: „These conditions were the roughest I´ve ever sailed in. I´ve never felt as much wind in my sails before. Even the smalles sail was overpowered. A storm like this comes once in two years I presume. I can´t wait to get news and details from other regions like Scotland Sweden or Ireland. The forecast was scary for these regions!”

Around noon the storm hit the Baltic Sea West (Howacht Bay) with full force up to 12bft! Temperature dropped to 4 degrees. Storm Chase team Matze Bade and Steffi Wahl had a tough and freezing fight with the nature.

Steffi Wahl / Team Baltic Sea West / spot: Lippe – Hohwacht bay: „I´ve never expected anything like this up here at the Baltic sea! I sailed my smallest sail but the wind was so heavy, sometimes it was impossible to jump. When I jumped I flew so far away, I worried where I would catch ground again”

Spectacular conditions were reported from other regions, e.g. Holland, where the huge swell reached up to 7 meters. On Rügen / Baltic sea east, Oskar Hollmann confirmed massive waves. “Right from the beginning I was overpowered, I´ve never sailed in conditions with 40kn, it was sick!”

Team England with Ben Proffitt and Phil Horrocks started their chase on Tuesday already. The Scottish Team John Hibbard and Stephen Moore chased the storm a couple of thousand miles and explored unknown secret spots!

Exclusive: John Hibbard writes to the Red Bull Storm Chase team / Nov. 2nd 2006

“Hi Guys,

I’ve just got home from the Chase. Amazing, we had such a great time. Thanks for making it all possible. I hope the footage does it justice. Looking forward to seeing all the action. I’ve written a short story below.

“We’ve chased from West to East, through rain, sleet and storm force winds. We have driven over 2,500 miles chasing storms all over Scotland – the same distance from Glasgow to the Pyramids in Egypt! We sailed at spots that are well known windsurfing locations and we searched out and chased the storm to spots that no other windsurfer has ever sailed before. We were told on many occassions that our chase to the east coast would prove worthless ,as all the spots were sheltered surfing breaks. We proved everybody wrong as our chase found us on 3.3m sails, jumping perfect waves at one spot and then taking the drop on mast high + waves at another. The East coast is littered with reefs facing all directions. We scored big time and uncovered some sick spots. Maybe we’ll take you there one day, but for now you will have to settle for watching it on the DVD. What an amazing experience, sharing a storm with all the other chasers in Northern Europe. I hope everybody found the conditions they were looking for and I look forward to doing it all again next year. A big thank you to the organisation skills of everybody at the Red Bull Storm Chase HQ, you made it all possible. Trust Klaas Voget to get a helicopter!!!”

Cheers
    John (John Hibbard / Red Bull Storm Chaser Scotland)

More information about spots and riders coming soon. We keep you updated! Fresh Fotos check: http://www.redbullstormchase.com!

Yours Red Bull Storm Chase Team

Info:
    – Fotos in High Resolution check our media section on http://www.redbullstormchase.com
    – DVD release December ´06 – pre ordering will be provided!

[IMG]http://www.surfzone.se/pp_data/502/medium/Heli_North_Sea_low_res.JPG[/IMG]

• emil_h

Medlem
    8 november, 2006 vid 18:24
  • stang

Medlem
    9 november, 2006 vid 09:36
    Emil_H wrote:

Ooo fan den där fick man ståpäls av!!!

Mmmm det blir nog till att förhandsboka 🙂

• dr-masse

Medlem
    9 november, 2006 vid 15:26

Ja, den var ruggigt lovande! Äntligen en DVD med lite RIKTIGA förhållanden, ah!

• henke201

Medlem
    9 november, 2006 vid 15:35

åhhh vilken trailer!!

• calle_b

Medlem
    15 november, 2006 vid 18:00

PUH! Snyggt skit… utan tvekan GRYMT lovande rulle! Håller med “ståpälstalaren” i att man vart lite knottrig av å se den! Sjukt, sjukt fett!

• steffo

Medlem
    5 december, 2006 vid 17:52

Red Bull Storm Chase DVD release December 20th 2006
    Red Bull Storm Chase- DVD Release

Hamburg, 3rd December 2006, the video postproduction is completed. Produced by Big Sexy Pictures one of the most challenging documentary in windsurfing has be done. More than 130 hours of stormy impressions went through the lines and over the screens of the editing room. The Red Bull Storm Chase DVD release will be on December 20th

One Storm – Nine Countries
    More than 50 cameras were set up, to capture spectacular windsurfing action at the very limit. A unique mission for everybody involved. This movie follows the local heroes on their cross European mission, searching for the perfect spot and challenging Mother Nature on their local spots. The movie gives a view behind the scenes and into a windsurfer’s heart full of passion. One storm, nine countries, 24 windsurfers – you will experience the most extreme windsurfing show ever – are you ready?

Facts:
    Main movie: 50 minutes
    Bonus section: 60 minutes – additional storm locations, alternative spots, making of, slide show, music section and many more.
    DVD format: 16:9 / NTSC or PAL
    DVD cover: High quality 6 page digi – pack
    DVD booklet: Best shots and additional event info on 24 pages!

Music Labels: With great sound support of Jadetree, Switchstance Recordings, Good Child Records, Community Promotions, Public Image and more.

Info and Download:
    Red Bull Storm Chase DVD info: http://www.redbullstormchase.com/dvd
    Trailer and stills: http://www.redbullstormchase.com/media
    DVD order: http://www.redbullstormchase.com/catalog

The Red Bull Storm Chase DVD is produced by Big Sexy Pictures and friends!

Big Sexy Pictures / Media & Distribution, Julia Karbaum – email: stormchase@gmx.de
    Red Bull Communication, Kirsten Veil – email: kirsten.veil@de.redbull.com

Sida 4 av 4

Logga in för att svara.

Installera Surfzone som app?

For IOS and IPAD browsers, Only option to install PWA is to use add to home screen in safari browser

Surfzones app (PWA) har installerats.

Registrera dig

Använd ditt Facebook-/Googlekonto.

Eller e-post

[RM_Form id='2']

Välkommen

Ny diskussion i forum

Senaste nytt Forums Vindsurfing Konfen Vindsurfing Red Bull StormChase

Du måste vara inloggad för att skapa nya diskussioner.