Senaste nytt Forums Kitesurfing Konfen Kitesurfing Modifiering av bridles mm på crossbow 1

• Modifiering av bridles mm på crossbow 1

Publicerad av jonasa på 29 augusti, 2007 vid 19:28

Har förstått att man relativt enkelt kan modifiera bridles (fler talgor mm) på crossbow 1 för att minska det ibland lite för kraftiga bomtrycket. Mina gummiarmar mäktar inte med det så länge som jag skulle önska.
    Någon som vet hur man gör? Finns det instruktioner på nätet eller liknande?
    Tacksam för hjälp med detta.

jonas

skutt svarade 16 år, 8 månader sedan 5 Medlemmar · 8 Svar
  • 8 Svar
  • jonasa

Medlem
    29 augusti, 2007 vid 19:47
    jonasA;409833 wrote:
    Har förstått att man relativt enkelt kan modifiera bridles (fler talgor mm) på crossbow 1 för att minska det ibland lite för kraftiga bomtrycket. Mina gummiarmar mäktar inte med det så länge som jag skulle önska.
    Någon som vet hur man gör? Finns det instruktioner på nätet eller liknande?
    Tacksam för hjälp med detta.

jonas

Hittade lösningen själv på nätet efter lite letande……..

• snoken

Medlem
    29 augusti, 2007 vid 20:26

Det kan finnas fler som e intresserade så länka gärna , tack på förhand…

• mcdplb

Medlem
    29 augusti, 2007 vid 21:58

vill gärna ha länken! Tack på förhand 🙂

• skutt

Medlem
    30 augusti, 2007 vid 06:36

Det här löser CB bomtrycket . Otroligt att inte Cabrinha själva löste det , det är inte jag som löst det hitta de det på kite forum en engelsk kille som har tänkt till och det fungerar utmärkt inget bomtryck längre och kiten svarar snabbare på styrning . Och det kostar bara ca 60:- att köpa blocken .

CROSSBOW BAR PRESSURE FIX

Sorry to have teased you guys for so long. We just had to make sure that the system worked under a few different conditions and on a few different sized crossbow kites.

I have been very frustrated as have many Crossbow users with the bar pressure. A forum aquaintance of mine (Paul from Melbourne) wrote to me recently and alerted me to the fix I have been getting quizzed about. He was also reticent to share the knowledge without firstly testing that people could understand and make the necessary changes.

If you are not confident with knots or loops and haven’t played around extensively with bridles, lines etc., you should get assistance from someone who has the appropriate knowledge BEFORE making the changes listed herein.

I was so dissappointed with the bar pressure on my 16M Crossbow that I used it very infrequently. I have a 12M Rapture 1 which is my favourite kite due to the enourmous depower. Bar pressure has not been an issue with this kite due to the CC Bar setup.

I purchased a 16M Crossbow thinking that as it was a newer kite it would be better than the Rapture. Elbows ached after each session.

I modified an old bar incorporating a spinlock cleat which allows you to lock the bar in any position but this still did not fix the bar pressure problem. Just gave some respite while riding.

I have had an absolute Sh*tfight with my camera tonight thanks to Mr Microsoft and a recent service pack upgrade. So rather than wait any longer I have done three sketches to explain the changes needed to FIX THE BAR PRESSURE ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Essentially you will be replacing two sections of your bridle on each side of the kite with a single piece of bridle line in each case.

You will also be incorporating an additional small pulley onto this new piece of bridle on each side of the kite.

This new pulley allows the pressure involved when you sheet in and out or turn the kite to be transferred and shared more equally between the front and the rear lines.

The current front line setup has a fixed attachment point which causes high pressure at lower wind speeds.

This is well documented and accepted as truthfull by all except those on the forum who like to pretend that they are tougher than most. Some respondents on the forums just call anyone who mentions the pressure a whimp or some such equally useless name. Its best to look for answers rather than just Pooh Pooh the problem.

I was concerned about the resale value of my kite as well as its usability.

You will need to purchase two Ronstan RF 13101R-2 Kite Block Pulleys or alternateively two Riley 302 Pulleys.

You will also need a few meters of spectra bridle line. Thats all.

The problem fix will costs less than $20. (I personally think Cabrinha should send out a free retro kit)

Lay your kite on the ground and work on one side at a time. Lay out the bridle and detach the bridle lines as shown in the attached ilustrations Lay them onthe ground in front of your kite in approximately the same position as they were originally placed.

Loop the two pieces of bridle together that you will be replacing and measure the overall length. Add to this measurement, sufficient line to make a loop on one end and a pigtail knot on the other.

Buy your line and pulleys.

Make a loop on one end of the new piece of line. Attach this end to the kite. Thread your pulley onto the new bridle line and tie a pigtail knot on the other end.

Reconnect the remaining bridle lines back together.

Repeat this process for the other side of the kite.

This fix really does work. The bar pressure is similar to an ordinary C Kite and I have found that my 16M turns slightly better and relaunches very easily.

This fix has been tried in a variety of wind conditions and gives the most improvement in bar pressure on a 16M kite. There is also a large improvement in the 12M model.

It has not yet been tested on a 9M Kite.

Have a look at the following sketches. Sorry for the quality but it’s 12.30 am and I am dog tired.

PM me or write in this forum if you need any further info. Any resourceful young person who needs some extra cash might even benefit from making a “fix pack” to sell to their mates.

Good Luck and enjoy your Crossbow fully at last.

If you don’y like the fix just put the old pieces back and work on your forearm muscles !!!!!!

Regards – Fitzy Gold Coast OZ
    Bifogade miniatyrer

• skutt

Medlem
    30 augusti, 2007 vid 06:48

Det här löser CB bomtrycket . Otroligt att inte Cabrinha själva löste det , det är inte jag som löst det hitta de det på kite forum en engelsk kille som har tänkt till och det fungerar utmärkt inget bomtryck längre och kiten svarar snabbare på styrning . Och det kostar bara ca 60:- att köpa blocken . Jag gjorde fixen på en C/B 12 .

Kör själv inte crossbow längre men kan garantera att fixen fungerar .

Nu kör jag Best Waroo 9 och 14 och skywalker F/S 130 -39 är riktigt nöjd med det .

Christer……….

http://www.surfstore.se

CROSSBOW BAR PRESSURE FIX

Sorry to have teased you guys for so long. We just had to make sure that the system worked under a few different conditions and on a few different sized crossbow kites.

I have been very frustrated as have many Crossbow users with the bar pressure. A forum aquaintance of mine (Paul from Melbourne) wrote to me recently and alerted me to the fix I have been getting quizzed about. He was also reticent to share the knowledge without firstly testing that people could understand and make the necessary changes.

If you are not confident with knots or loops and haven’t played around extensively with bridles, lines etc., you should get assistance from someone who has the appropriate knowledge BEFORE making the changes listed herein.

I was so dissappointed with the bar pressure on my 16M Crossbow that I used it very infrequently. I have a 12M Rapture 1 which is my favourite kite due to the enourmous depower. Bar pressure has not been an issue with this kite due to the CC Bar setup.

I purchased a 16M Crossbow thinking that as it was a newer kite it would be better than the Rapture. Elbows ached after each session.

I modified an old bar incorporating a spinlock cleat which allows you to lock the bar in any position but this still did not fix the bar pressure problem. Just gave some respite while riding.

I have had an absolute Sh*tfight with my camera tonight thanks to Mr Microsoft and a recent service pack upgrade. So rather than wait any longer I have done three sketches to explain the changes needed to FIX THE BAR PRESSURE ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Essentially you will be replacing two sections of your bridle on each side of the kite with a single piece of bridle line in each case.

You will also be incorporating an additional small pulley onto this new piece of bridle on each side of the kite.

This new pulley allows the pressure involved when you sheet in and out or turn the kite to be transferred and shared more equally between the front and the rear lines.

The current front line setup has a fixed attachment point which causes high pressure at lower wind speeds.

This is well documented and accepted as truthfull by all except those on the forum who like to pretend that they are tougher than most. Some respondents on the forums just call anyone who mentions the pressure a whimp or some such equally useless name. Its best to look for answers rather than just Pooh Pooh the problem.

I was concerned about the resale value of my kite as well as its usability.

You will need to purchase two Ronstan RF 13101R-2 Kite Block Pulleys or alternateively two Riley 302 Pulleys.

You will also need a few meters of spectra bridle line. Thats all.

The problem fix will costs less than $20. (I personally think Cabrinha should send out a free retro kit)

Lay your kite on the ground and work on one side at a time. Lay out the bridle and detach the bridle lines as shown in the attached ilustrations Lay them onthe ground in front of your kite in approximately the same position as they were originally placed.

Loop the two pieces of bridle together that you will be replacing and measure the overall length. Add to this measurement, sufficient line to make a loop on one end and a pigtail knot on the other.

Buy your line and pulleys.

Make a loop on one end of the new piece of line. Attach this end to the kite. Thread your pulley onto the new bridle line and tie a pigtail knot on the other end.

Reconnect the remaining bridle lines back together.

Repeat this process for the other side of the kite.

This fix really does work. The bar pressure is similar to an ordinary C Kite and I have found that my 16M turns slightly better and relaunches very easily.

This fix has been tried in a variety of wind conditions and gives the most improvement in bar pressure on a 16M kite. There is also a large improvement in the 12M model.

It has not yet been tested on a 9M Kite.

Have a look at the following sketches. Sorry for the quality but it’s 12.30 am and I am dog tired.

PM me or write in this forum if you need any further info. Any resourceful young person who needs some extra cash might even benefit from making a “fix pack” to sell to their mates.

Good Luck and enjoy your Crossbow fully at last.

If you don’y like the fix just put the old pieces back and work on your forearm muscles !!!!!!

Regards – Fitzy Gold Coast OZ

• snoken

Medlem
    30 augusti, 2007 vid 15:38

Tack för info 🙂

Har du kittet kvar har nämligen också en 12 a .

Om inte, var det ett enkel block som man skulle ha el dubbel?

Jag åker hellre än meckar:laugh: så om det e ngn annan som sitter på ett kitt köper jag det !

Anders

• gh0st

Medlem
    30 augusti, 2007 vid 21:21

The Hoff loves it!

• skutt

Medlem
    31 augusti, 2007 vid 06:29

Sålde kiten med bridlefix . Det är enkelblock du ska ha + ca 2m bridlelina tar ca 20 min att fixa , var noga med längden på dom nya linbitarna måste vara exakt lika långa som dom två du tar bort . C+D på skissen .

Christer

Logga in för att svara.

Installera Surfzone som app?

For IOS and IPAD browsers, Only option to install PWA is to use add to home screen in safari browser

Surfzones app (PWA) har installerats.

Registrera dig

Använd ditt Facebook-/Googlekonto.

Eller e-post

[RM_Form id='2']

Välkommen

Ny diskussion i forum

Senaste nytt Forums Kitesurfing Konfen Kitesurfing Modifiering av bridles mm på crossbow 1

Du måste vara inloggad för att skapa nya diskussioner.