Senaste nytt Forums Vindsurfing Konfen Vindsurfing Dunkerbeck kommenterar rekordförsöket

• Dunkerbeck kommenterar rekordförsöket

Publicerad av dr-masse på 17 september, 2002 vid 12:22

från http://www.proofboard.com

Intressant fart han kom upp i, tycker jag. Skulle vara kul om vindsurfingbrädan blev snabbast på vattnet igen!

Q: Why didn’t you brake the record?

A: The main reason was that we didn’t have enough wind to take a chance to get close to the existing record. We had 20-30 knots using sail sizes of 5.8 & 6.2 and boards with 39 cm and 42 cm width. The fastest average speed was 40,5 knots with a top speed on the course up to 43 knots. What we would have needed to brake the record was wind of 40 -50 knots, enabling us to use the 5.4 and 5.0. m² sails and the boards with 36 cm width. And flat water of course.

Q: How would you describe the last 3 weeks ?

A: It was a lot of fun to go speed sailing again. Most of the days during the last 3 weeks I was on the speed strip sailing between 3-4 hours. I’m very glad to see how efficient our equipment had become. Using a 6.2 sail for example I went over 39 knots several times. With a 5.8 in choppy and wavy conditions I went over 40 knots. So I think, with the appropriate wind, I could have gone dammed fast with a; 5.4 or 5.0 sail.

Q: Which kind of equipment did you use?

A: Together with Carlos Sosa of proof we designed 8 special speed boards.
    4 boards of 264 cm length with 36 cm ;and 39 cm width, all 4 boards having a light concave and a more straight rocker & outline.
    4 boards of 263 cm length with 36 cm and 39 cm width, all of those boards having more concave and a rounder rocker & outline.
    The boards were produced, as all the proof boards, in Monocoque Sandwich technology. The board weights were between 4,2 and 4,6 kilos.
    Sails: We used the new 2003 RS Race Sails from NeilPryde. Sizes: 6.2 , 5.8, 5.4, 5.0 m². We also tried a foil sail, but it turned out to be too heavy and too stiff. It was worth a try but the regular sails have been far out faster.

Q: Will you try again?

A: Yes I hope to be back on the speed strip as soon as possible. On the Canary islands next summer there is another possibility for strong winds. But who knows – maybe I’ll give it a try somewhere else before that. Now I’m going on “The Search” again to Western Australia and than to the next worldcup in Sylt – Germany, at the end of September.

Surfa På!

anonym-anvandare svarade 21 år, 8 månader sedan 4 Medlemmar · 4 Svar
  • 4 Svar

Logga in för att svara.

Installera Surfzone som app?

For IOS and IPAD browsers, Only option to install PWA is to use add to home screen in safari browser

Surfzones app (PWA) har installerats.

Registrera dig

Använd ditt Facebook-/Googlekonto.

Eller e-post

[RM_Form id='2']

Välkommen

Ny diskussion i forum

Senaste nytt Forums Vindsurfing Konfen Vindsurfing Dunkerbeck kommenterar rekordförsöket

Du måste vara inloggad för att skapa nya diskussioner.