Senaste nytt Forums Kitesurfing Konfen Kitesurfing Switchblade vs Crossbow?

• Switchblade vs Crossbow?

Publicerad av splifboy på 21 september, 2006 vid 09:43

Är det någon skillnad på en Cabrinha Switchblade eller Crossbow av -06 årsmodell i samma storlek? Vilken rekomenderas till en nybörjare?
    Mvh,

biorno svarade 17 år, 8 månader sedan 13 Medlemmar · 19 Svar
  • 19 Svar
  • simoneburgess

Medlem
    21 september, 2006 vid 13:43

Jag har ju inte använt någon av dem själv, men den här såg jag för ett par dagar sen…

http://www.cabrinhakites.com/crossbow&switchblade/comparison.php

Det är dock från deras egen hemsida, och folk ljuger ju alltid om sina egna produkter :tongue: Det verkar dock som om instruktöererna använder mer switchblade än crossbow, och det stämmer ju överns med jämförelsen på länken.

• gonzo

Medlem
    21 september, 2006 vid 15:01

Tja sb är en lugnare och stabilare drake. den passar bättre för en nybörjare men cb funkar alldeles utmärkt att lära sig på alla mina kompisar har lärt sig på cb. så mitt råd är att fundera på hur du kommer att surfa sen. vill du mest köra vågor och latja så välj sb men vill du göra feeeeeeta hopp med grym hangtime så ta och köp en cb.
    ha det gott / Anders

• skotten

Medlem
    21 september, 2006 vid 15:42

But… they are both quite expensive… why not take a look at the EH kites, they are much cheaper (brand new bow costs the same as a used Cabrinha!) and in many many ways are far superior to the Cabrinhas. Then when you have had enough of crashing your kite, sell it (used prices are very good on the EH bows, and they are proper bows as they bought the lisence.

Dont be pulled into the hype, and buy what you need.

• pjoter

Medlem
    21 september, 2006 vid 17:11

Skotten……
    Nu får du nog lugna dig lite..
    1, Allt du går efter om att EH är grymmare är vad du hört helan å halvan säga och inte vad du själv kommit fram till. Å dom flesta vet att helan å halvan hypar EH så mkt dom bara orkar.
    2. anledningen till att begpriset e bra på eh-bows är för att det inte finns så många på marknaden än och det kommer troligtvis sjunka ungefär lika mkt som alla andra kites.

3. Sen gör du reklam för södra sveriges mest hypade märke å säger att folk inte ska köpa hypade drakar…

• nic

Medlem
    21 september, 2006 vid 17:37
    skotten wrote:
    …and they are proper bows as they bought the lisence.

Vad är det för fördel med en kite som köpt bowkite-licens?

nic

• skotten

Medlem
    21 september, 2006 vid 18:45

oooh not fair Pjoter.. you know I am a big Cabrinha fan m8, I have one for god sake!!.

I have ridden the Crossbow, Beast and Rippehr, and can say that fair enough the crossbow was pimpy, bet hell, I got real bad armpump after a half hour session, as opposed to riding all day with the beast the weekend after.

And seeing as there are only 4 Beasts in sweden (arrived last week!), I think the used prices will hold : ).

In the beginning there were loads of kites that looked like bow kites, but werent, they were only halfway there. Its no longer the case since Cabrinha realized they were doing it wrong and needed to sell the right to use their patent in order to learn how to make a proper one.

• pimpincrakk

Medlem
    21 september, 2006 vid 18:49

Hippiefan

• hugeo

Medlem
    21 september, 2006 vid 18:53

I think Pjotr is soo keen on these EHs he just wont admit it… its not easy beeing “fuck the mainstream” everyday, 24/7 some day he will have to bulge in.

• pjoter

Medlem
    21 september, 2006 vid 19:35

haha, å de kommer från mr hugo som i våras prisade mr EH för att han sket i mainstream å körde sitt eget race.

Testar gärna beasten nåndag men den får ha bra mkt mer känsla än rippern för att spöa den tyska ingenjörskonstens ädla mästare. 🙂

Skotten, bara för att en kille tog patent på en form behöver det inte betyda att den är bäst. Tror det inom en snar framtid kommer komma andra patent som spöar bowen rejält.

å pimpincrack har på bara 15 inlägg lyckats köra fast. Komigen nu, visa att du kan skriva andra balla uttryck.

• skotten

Medlem
    21 september, 2006 vid 20:08

ooooh did you all hear that!! Pjoter will be riding an EH this Winter!!.

Although I think Pjoter is right. The bow will be replaced in a few years, the progress that North have made with the Rebel reflects that statement perfectly. And hell, look how far we have come since the Foil!!! (sorry just kidding). But the bow is as far as we are just now.

Anyway Splifboy, Dont get sucked in by what we all think mate, at the end of the day we can give you advice but you really need to try them out before you spend so much hard earned cash.

If you are ever down here, we wil sort you out with a bong and a testdrive 🙂

Tony

• eklov

Medlem
    21 september, 2006 vid 21:41

vi vet alla innerst inne att det är V19 som äger….

• qq-57

Medlem
    22 september, 2006 vid 15:36

I started Kitesurfing this summer with a Switchblade 12. I did never fly a crossbow, but I heard that the switchblade is the better choice for a beginner. As far as I concern my experience, I just can say that the switchblade is very easy to handle and makes several things pretty easy that might be very challenging for a beginner, e.g. relaunching the kite, jumping and riding gusty wind. A disadvantage are the bridles, you can´t really feel where the kite is.
    Still, if you think about the future, you might want to learn with a C-Kite. It is a different way of kitesurfing, and for a good rider a C-kite will probably deliver more potential, especially when it comes to kiteloops, dynamic riding and linear power development. And, how skotten already said, the bow might be replaced in the future.

If you can, just test several different kites and make your own opinion, we are all individuals…

• biorno

Medlem
    22 september, 2006 vid 16:01
    Splifboy wrote:
    Är det någon skillnad på en Cabrinha Switchblade eller Crossbow av -06 årsmodell i samma storlek? Vilken rekomenderas till en nybörjare?
    Mvh,

Vet inget om switchbladen men det är ganska många som bytt från Crossbow till Waroo…

• hbgsurfer

Medlem
    22 september, 2006 vid 19:10
    skotten wrote:
    But… they are both quite expensive… why not take a look at the EH kites, they are much cheaper (brand new bow costs the same as a used Cabrinha!) and in many many ways are far superior to the Cabrinhas. Then when you have had enough of crashing your kite, sell it (used prices are very good on the EH bows, and they are proper bows as they bought the lisence.

Dont be pulled into the hype, and buy what you need.

Yes expensive but good quality!!
    You pay for what you get!
    There two more Kite that is same performance
    And quality!! And that is Ozone and Slingshot.
    If you are beginner then get the Slingshot.

Have a good day//Marcel

• hbgsurfer

Medlem
    22 september, 2006 vid 19:12
    HugeO wrote:
    I think Pjotr is soo keen on these EHs he just wont admit it… its not easy beeing “fuck the mainstream” everyday, 24/7 some day he will have to bulge in.

Suck my dick hahahahahaha

Sida 1 av 2

Logga in för att svara.

Registrera dig

Använd ditt Facebook-/Googlekonto.

Eller e-post

[RM_Form id='2']

Välkommen

Ny diskussion i forum

Senaste nytt Forums Kitesurfing Konfen Kitesurfing Switchblade vs Crossbow?

Du måste vara inloggad för att skapa nya diskussioner.