Senaste nytt Forums Kitesurfing Konfen Kitesurfing unhooked noobie 101

• unhooked noobie 101

Publicerad av skotten på 16 oktober, 2008 vid 13:54

well guys, I am back from my third flatwater session this year on a twintip and my first ever unhooked “trick” session!!!…

I never saw the facination in you guys all spinning around and stuff, looking all cool and stuff, for me there was just no soul in it.. its not the same as riding around on a wave, feeling the force of the sea, and the love of the sun.

I said I was going to do it.. (well, another naish rider – Henke challenged me a couple of weeks ago if you all remember). Today I showed up rigged my gear and decided, today was going to be the day.

I went out and did a couple of turns, dialed in the kite so it would be ok unhooked and got ready to pull out my dick…

hehehe…

well I have to say, it went pretty well, it looks harder than it is, I landed a fair amount of pretty decent raileys. I gotta say, I thought it would be the same feeling as jumping up to hang on something, but its not.. the pop thing is soo much easier unhooked, I could never really do a decent pop hooked in.

Well I thought… the railey was pretty easy.. lets step it up..

then I was on to unhooked backrolls… woo much easier than the hooked in one.. crazy..

I pushed on and tried an unhooked kiteloop.. but wavekites dont pull you outta the water enough, so it was a bit of a non event (come on the new HELIX!!) did a couple of hooked in ones, and well it mus have looked really lame, but I got outta the water.

so, to all of you out there that just go to the spot and ride back and forward, look at me, mr waverider, going out and nailing everything in 3 hours… after three sessions on one of those twintip things…

Awesome fun, definately less soul than what I am used to, but almost as scary as going out on a big day knowing if your kite goes in the water its a write-off.

Buy a wintersuit, and go train, the water is soooo quiet now!

Thanks for the great company on the water to both Calle and Martin, it really has been too long guys.

wave-surferlove
    SKotten

skotten svarade 15 år, 7 månader sedan 11 Medlemmar · 14 Svar
  • 14 Svar
  • mjersen

Medlem
    16 oktober, 2008 vid 14:10

fäcking nice session today man! 3 hours of sunshine and sweet wind! nice to have u back in habo man!

• sourra

Medlem
    16 oktober, 2008 vid 14:30

Gött mos Tony the Tiger

• ohlen

Medlem
    16 oktober, 2008 vid 14:40

blir det inte sjukt jobbigt att hoppa unhooked?

• kvabbso

Medlem
    16 oktober, 2008 vid 15:35

bara att gratulera =D

• mjersen

Medlem
    16 oktober, 2008 vid 15:40

@ohlen 508699 wrote:

för armarna blir det

• hengo

Medlem
    16 oktober, 2008 vid 16:07

@ohlen 508699 wrote:

inte speciellt jobbigt. inte jobbigare än att åka omkring underriggad med en tung C-kite med megabomtryck iaf. Man tränar upp sig snabbt men det är ovant i början, efter ett tag blir det som skotten sa, helt äckligt och omöjligt att försöka göra poptrick hooked in.

När du gör poptrick är ju meningen att inte hänga i kiten likt en skärmflygare, utan istället utnyttja farten och poppen som man gör i alla andra brädsporter. Det är därför de mest dedikerade använder riktiga bindningar för att kunna edga hårt och en oftast större bräda med mer rocker. Allt för att kunna hoppa så mycket upp från vattnet, istället för att dras av kiten. LÖjligt va?! Kan ju lika gärna åka wakeboard, eller hur va de nu? 🙂

gott att höra att du haft en fin session skotten, ser fram emot att följa din plattvattentomteutveckling! Det är ju de som är så bra med kite, lessnar man på något provar man nånting annat, blir en helt ny sport (inte för att jag tror att du ledsnat på vågorna men…)

• ohlen

Medlem
    16 oktober, 2008 vid 16:08
    hengo;508716 wrote:
    inte speciellt jobbigt. inte jobbigare än att åka omkring underriggad med en tung C-kite med megabomtryck iaf. Man tränar upp sig snabbt men det är ovant i början, efter ett tag blir det som skotten sa, helt äckligt och omöjligt att försöka göra poptrick hooked in.

När du gör poptrick är ju meningen att inte hänga i kiten likt en skärmflygare, utan istället utnyttja farten och poppen som man gör i alla andra brädsporter. Det är därför de mest dedikerade använder riktiga bindningar för att kunna edga hårt och en oftast större bräda med mer rocker. Allt för att kunna hoppa så mycket upp från vattnet, istället för att dras av kiten. LÖjligt va?! Kan ju lika gärna åka wakeboard, eller hur va de nu? 🙂

gott att höra att du haft en fin session skotten, ser fram emot att följa din plattvattentomteutveckling! Det är ju de som är så bra med kite, lessnar man på något provar man nånting annat, blir en helt ny sport (inte för att jag tror att du ledsnat på vågorna men…)

okejokej, så det är typ som fattigmans wakeboard:P

• hengo

Medlem
    16 oktober, 2008 vid 16:11

@ohlen 508717 wrote:

okejokej, så det är typ som fattigmans wakeboard:P

Precis! eller kanske lite snarare som en cablepark, fast med möjligheten att kunna ta sig runt var man vill och slippa häcka i nån äcklig pöl på någon avsides plats. Dessutom är det ju så mycket mer variation och man kan ju faktiskt dra av nåt högt hopp då och då om man skulle bli less

• hakanh

Medlem
    16 oktober, 2008 vid 16:21
    mjersen;508693 wrote:
    fäcking nice session today man! 3 hours of sunshine and sweet wind! nice to have u back in habo man!

Gav upp lite för fort idag, vinden kom tillbaks så fort jag fått av mig våtdräkten…typiskt. Jaja fick iaf ganska mkt pluggat istället så nu kan man sticka ner och köra imorn igen med gott samvete. Någon som ska dit och när isf? Ser ut att kunna bli bra hela dagen.

• johanw

Medlem
    16 oktober, 2008 vid 17:52

gött o ha dig tillbax skotten

• blackadder

Medlem
    16 oktober, 2008 vid 18:34

@skotten 508690 wrote:

well guys, I am back from my third flatwater session this year on a twintip and my first ever unhooked “trick” session!!!…

I never saw the facination in you guys all spinning around and stuff, looking all cool and stuff, for me there was just no soul in it.. its not the same as riding around on a wave, feeling the force of the sea, and the love of the sun.

I said I was going to do it.. (well, another naish rider – Henke challenged me a couple of weeks ago if you all remember). Today I showed up rigged my gear and decided, today was going to be the day.

I went out and did a couple of turns, dialed in the kite so it would be ok unhooked and got ready to pull out my dick…

hehehe…

well I have to say, it went pretty well, it looks harder than it is, I landed a fair amount of pretty decent raileys. I gotta say, I thought it would be the same feeling as jumping up to hang on something, but its not.. the pop thing is soo much easier unhooked, I could never really do a decent pop hooked in.

Well I thought… the railey was pretty easy.. lets step it up..

then I was on to unhooked backrolls… woo much easier than the hooked in one.. crazy..

I pushed on and tried an unhooked kiteloop.. but wavekites dont pull you outta the water enough, so it was a bit of a non event (come on the new HELIX!!) did a couple of hooked in ones, and well it mus have looked really lame, but I got outta the water.

so, to all of you out there that just go to the spot and ride back and forward, look at me, mr waverider, going out and nailing everything in 3 hours… after three sessions on one of those twintip things…

Awesome fun, definately less soul than what I am used to, but almost as scary as going out on a big day knowing if your kite goes in the water its a write-off.

Buy a wintersuit, and go train, the water is soooo quiet now!

Thanks for the great company on the water to both Calle and Martin, it really has been too long guys.

wave-surferlove
    SKotten

Well you’re probably on a different level than myself. I found nothing easy with unhooking. I tell myself to go down-wind and then pop (or something…) but all of a sudden I’m riding around like a fucking monkey with two meter long arms. As for kiteloops, I think I need to get the hooked in ones working first. But then of course – I’m “talanglös”.

• larssa

Medlem
    16 oktober, 2008 vid 20:47

@Blackadder 508753 wrote:

Well you’re probably on a different level than myself. I found nothing easy with unhooking. I tell myself to go down-wind and then pop (or something…) but all of a sudden I’m riding around like a fucking monkey with two meter long arms. As for kiteloops, I think I need to get the hooked in ones working first. But then of course – I’m “talanglös”.

Fan vad jag känner igen mig 😉 “I’m riding around like a fucking monkey with two meter long arms” ha ha ha!
    Det är förmodligen en vanesak.

• edorf

Medlem
    16 oktober, 2008 vid 21:19

vart har skotten varit ?=)

• skotten

Medlem
    16 oktober, 2008 vid 21:48

haha monkeyarms : )

hell I think if I can try it out, you all should all commit one day to trying to get it to work then post tips on what you tried to one another, should we take a trick every month? a year is only like 12 tricks for a year.

I will go out tomorrow again and try to work out what I am doing, but I think it helped that it was only like 6 or 7 M/S today : )

Logga in för att svara.

Installera Surfzone som app?

For IOS and IPAD browsers, Only option to install PWA is to use add to home screen in safari browser

Surfzones app (PWA) har installerats.

Registrera dig

Använd ditt Facebook-/Googlekonto.

Eller e-post

[RM_Form id='2']

Välkommen

Ny diskussion i forum

Senaste nytt Forums Kitesurfing Konfen Kitesurfing unhooked noobie 101

Du måste vara inloggad för att skapa nya diskussioner.