Senaste nytt Forums Kitesurfing Konfen Kitesurfing Skåne Kite Racing Club on its way!!!

• Skåne Kite Racing Club on its way!!!

Publicerad av isidro på 14 november, 2011 vid 21:30

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know I’ve followed your suggestions and decided to start up something here around this new discipline. I’ve had a good meeting with Erik Gibson and we’ve agreed that the main goal of having a local Kite Racing Club is to make racing available to everyone. To make this possible we have set some initial thoughts:

-Gear sharing: Racing boards or kites are more expensive than the ones regularly used for free ride. Sharing gear would help to make the discipline affordable for everyone.

-Non profit: The expenses of the club would be split between the members and the benefits as well.

-Races: Organize competition events locally with sailors and Windsurfers, which have more experience in Racing events

-Trips: To different Races around Europe

-Place permanent buoys for Training purposes

-Web site for News, Events and discussions

These are initial thoughts and could be expanded or amended with any input you have. Also I’d like to mention Racing is not just Course Racing; there are multiple disciplines like cross Racing or distance Racing and probably there is field to invent much more in the near future.

Let me know what you think and if you are interested in joining upcoming meetings to give some shape to the above information. Racing is getting big and I Skåne has the perfect playground for it!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Isidro

jurij svarade 11 år, 2 månader sedan 11 Medlemmar · 17 Svar
  • 17 Svar
  • acemattias

Medlem
    15 november, 2011 vid 03:47

Very good iniciative!!
    I definitely think Racing has potential as it requires more strategy thinking than pure technical skills and good physical conditions.
    One suggestion to make the discipline more attractive is to make separate competitions, one fore surf/race boards and one for twin-tip boards.

• cortex

Medlem
    15 november, 2011 vid 09:41

Good stuff! I’m in! 😀

/Kaj

• isidro

Medlem
    15 november, 2011 vid 18:45

Great!

Please send your contact details to isidrov@gmail.com to include you in future discussions. I’ve kept yours already Kaj!

• farbrorfraz

Medlem
    15 november, 2011 vid 22:11

Cool stuff!

We’re coming to skåne on thursday and staying in the area until mid next week! we have Ozone Edge for demos if anyone wants to test one of the best racing kites!

• isidro

Medlem
    16 november, 2011 vid 18:42

Hi Mattias,

Yes I agree to have events opened for TT and surfboards, as are by far the most common.

C’mon guys!! I received just few emails. I think it would be great to have a lot of people involved since the begining.

Olympic Kiteboard Racing Campaign (for some motivation 🙂

[ame=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo625vET30E”]IKA Olympic Kiteboard Racing Campaign – Episode 1 – YouTube[/ame]

cheers
    Isidro

• platslagarn

Medlem
    17 november, 2011 vid 12:51

how is the start working? must be pretty hard to be in the start line if it is like a normal sailing start.

(sorry for my bad spelling)

• pathfinder

Medlem
    17 november, 2011 vid 12:55

Really great that you`re starting a Racing club. I know others with the same plans and with the equipment in Malmö.
    Will you (isidro) be at the kite-pub tomorrow?

Kind reg.
    Pathfinder

• pathfinder

Medlem
    17 november, 2011 vid 13:09
    isidro;675483 wrote:
    C’mon guys!! I received just few emails. I think it would be great to have a lot of people involved since the begining.

If you want people to join: Make a facebook group (Skåne Kite Racing Club) and post a link here and I`m sure more people will join you isidor and share the link!

• fox

Medlem
    17 november, 2011 vid 15:01

The guy in the film say that “everybody” can do it, even if you are 30, 40 or 50! – how about us poor suckers who are 60 ??

• acemattias

Medlem
    17 november, 2011 vid 16:07
    Fox;675530 wrote:
    The guy in the film say that “everybody” can do it, even if you are 30, 40 or 50! – how about us poor suckers who are 60 ??

He is probably assuming that everyone over 60 is windsurfing:smile:

• acemattias

Medlem
    17 november, 2011 vid 16:45

(From the competitions I have seen)
    Getting a good start position requires strategy and is a part of the competition.
    About 10-15min before start the riders go out and go back/forward near the rather long starting line, at for example 5min before start there is a signal, the riders start trying to get a good position to lie and wait in the water, but if you take position to soon you will drift more downwind witch is not good.
    Some riders dont lie waiting but cruise back/forward behind the starting line, that way they will have speed already when the start goes off, but if they have bad timing they might be going the wrong way, it can also be hard to pass all the water starting riders.

• nickeapa

Medlem
    17 november, 2011 vid 17:44
  • isidro

Medlem
    17 november, 2011 vid 18:50

Hi ,

To plåtslagarn: Is pretty much as Mattias explained. I think there are at least 2 modalities; beach start or water start and seems experience and having a watch is really important to do a good start. At the beggining of this video you can see a water start.

[ame=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F26lPL9qXD8&feature=player_embedded”]Fuerteventura PKRA Course Racing Grand Slam 2010 – Highlights – YouTube[/ame]

To Pathfinder: Thanks some people form Malmo already contacted me. If you could let the people you know my email or point them to this thread would be great. The more the better! I won’t be able to go to Malmo tomorrow but I hope there will be more pub meetigns to join. In regards of FB, I haven’t got an account myself and I wouldn’t want that to be a requirement so I was more thinking in a web for the club where which we can develop according to the needs of the club. That’s my opinion though, all these things are open for discussion.

To Fox: You set your own limits, I’ve seen +60 years old kiters in UK ripping waves like pros in winter. So I’ll be very happy to see “experienced” kiters joining the club 🙂

Best regards
    Isidro

• bdk

Medlem
    17 november, 2011 vid 18:54

60, that’s nothing… Poul in Denmark is still going strong at 87!

[ame=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la78hNsD7mg”]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la78hNsD7mg[/ame]

• acemattias

Medlem
    20 november, 2011 vid 14:15
Sida 1 av 2

Logga in för att svara.

Installera Surfzone som app?

For IOS and IPAD browsers, Only option to install PWA is to use add to home screen in safari browser

Surfzones app (PWA) har installerats.

Registrera dig

Använd ditt Facebook-/Googlekonto.

Eller e-post

[RM_Form id='2']

Välkommen

Ny diskussion i forum

Senaste nytt Forums Kitesurfing Konfen Kitesurfing Skåne Kite Racing Club on its way!!!

Du måste vara inloggad för att skapa nya diskussioner.